Advocate for Cats
Advocate is a high-end product to control different parasitic infections in cats. This once a month topical solution treats heavy flea infestation and prevents re-infestation. It acts as the best prevention treatment for heartworm disease in cats. The easy to apply solution treats and controls fleas, ear mites, hookworms and roundworms, and protects cats from their harmful effects. Advocate protects your cat from common gastrointestinal nematode worms and help to protect you and your family from the harmful effects of contracting worms from your cat. It is the only product that kills the two parasites causing lungworm disease in cats, which causes irreversible damage to the lungs. Advocate is safe for kittens from 9 weeks of age.
How does it work?
Advocate is all-in-one parasitic treatment. It contains two major ingredients imidacloprid and moxidectin. The key ingredient moxidectin is highly effective in preventing and controlling heartworms and intestinal worms by disrupting nerve transmission resulting in the paralysis and death of the parasite. The other active ingredient imidacloprid, directly attacks the nervous system of the flea to cause paralysis and subsequent death. The topical treatment affects re-infesting fleas within 3 to 5 minutes and kills them within 1 hour. Advocate kills flea larvae in your cat’s surroundings within 20 minutes of contact with the active ingredient and breaks flea lifecycle. Thus, the treatment controls various infestations. Advocate is also water-resistant.
3 months of protection1. Purchase 6 months of an eligible Advocate product.*2. Go to www.advantagepetcare.com.au, click on
the Advocate promotion link, enter details including
barcode and upload receipt.3. Once validated you will receive a 3 pack of the
same eligible Advocate product originally purchased.*Eligible Advocate products:
– Advocate for Cats over 4kg (6 pack)
– Advocate for Kittens & Cats up to 4kg (6 pack)
Purchase by 30/9/17
Claim by: 11:59pm AEDT 30/10/17
- Weigh your cat before starting the treatment.
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break open seal and then remove the cap from the tube to use.
- Part the fur on the back of the cat’s neck at the base of the head, until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin.
- Use this treatment once a month.
- Advocate is a broad-spectrum treatment for various external and internal parasites
- The topical solution is effective in treating flea infestation
- It controls ear mites and feline mange mites in cats
- Advocate is an efficient product for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
- It is used for the treatment and control of intestinal hookworm infections caused by Ancylostoma tubaeforme (adults, immature adults and fourth stage larvae) and roundworm infections caused by Toxocara cati (adults and fourth stage larvae)
- It is easy to apply once a month topical treatment
- Safe to use on kittens 9 weeks of age and older and that weigh at least 1 kg
- For animal use only.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Ensure children do not come in contact with the application site for 30 minutes after application.
- Do not allow other pets to groom to prevent licking of the application site on the treated cat.
- Wash hands properly with soap and warm water after treatment.
- Do not apply to irritated skin.
- Avoid using on sick and debilitated or underweight cats.
- Do not ingest in felines.
- Do not use on cats less than 9 weeks of age.
- The safety of Advocate for Cats has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats.
- This product must be administered MONTHLY to prevent heartworm infection.
- It is recommended for use all year round.
- Please seek advice from your veterinarian regarding heartworm testing PRIOR to using this product if:
- your pet is older than 8 weeks of age when you start using this product OR
- one of the monthly doses is missed or is late by more than 1 week.
|Mode of administration||Topical|
|Active Ingredients||10 % v/w Imidacloprid (100g/l)|
2.5 % v/w Moxidectin (25g/l)
APVMA Approval Number
|Advocate For Kittens & Small Cats Up To 4Kg (Orange)||55325/57537|
|Advocate For Cats Over 4Kg (Purple)||55326/57539|